Clapham Landscape Architects is an award winning inner city Melbourne based practice specialising in high end residential and commercial landscape projects, including pool design, alfresco areas and full scope landscape developments. We pride ourselves on our ability to connect with our clients and provide exceptional presentation and drawing details. We are looking for a motivated, highly creative landscape architect that can join our team and add value to our organisation.
A part time position is available in our Windsor office for a Landscape Architect with at least 3 years office experience. This is a part time position initially, with potential to gain a permanent position within the company.
Working closely with the Principal Landscape Architect, you will need to be a self starter, who is motivated and proactive in a studio environment and can work closely as a member of a team.
With considerable previous experience in a similar role, the right candidate will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the process of LA design and documentation.
Successful applicants must possess the following set of skills and qualifications.
• Degree/qualifications in landscape architecture / design from an accredited university or equivalent.
• A minimum 3 years full time work as a Landscape Architect
• Proficient in VectorWorks (a must) & Microsoft Office Suite, (Adobe suite also highly regarded)
• High level of accuracy, ability to listen and passion for attention to detail
• Skills in research, design development and design presentation
• A strong understanding of horticultural techniques, landscape construction process along with plant knowledge
• Positive attitude and willingness to be instructed by senior staff to learn company processes
• Very high attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and organize work to meet deadlines
• Great communicator – written, verbal and graphically
• Self-motivated and a team player
• Drivers license and car
We are a relaxed office located just behind Chapel Street, only a 3 minute walk from Windsor train station and have free parking in a variety of locations around the office. Our design team is small yet highly experienced and friendly. We work collaboratively with our other designers and wider businesses in the industry.
Your application is to include a concise cover letter with response to the position advertised, detailing your personal experience and areas of expertise. As well as a PDF/link to your portfolio.
Please also note your availability to start and your rights to work as an Australian Citizen or permanent resident.